Yesterday evening we thought about doing something special. What could be more exceptional than Sushi in Zurich? Well, actually there is a lot, but at least we made our Sushi by ourselves! In the following we'd like to show you how successful we were. Maybe you even get motivated to do it on your own once as well. For this reason we added a recipe in the post's end.
As you can see we made various sorts of Makisushi, which means as much as "rolled sushi".
The ones we like most are Maki with salmon and tuna. By adding some cucumber and / or avocado they're even more tasty ! As wrap we used onces the classical Nori sheet. As you might know Nori is the Japanese name for edible seaweed. The yellow wrap is made of soya and is slightly sweet-tasting. Yummy !
What you need:
- sushi rice
- tuna and / or salmon (filet)
- Nori sheets and / or soya sheets
- bamboo sushi mat
How to do:
1. boil sushi rice and let it cool
2. cut the tuna, salmon, avocado and cucumber in slices (not too tiny)
3. take your bamboo sushi mat and a Nori sheet and spread the cool rice on the sheet. Before doing so you should moist your hands with some water so the rice won't stick to your fingers. Cover only two - thirds of the Nori sheet
4. place your ingredients centered on the rice
5. now start rolling the sushi roll with the help of your sushi mat (press firmly)
6. cut the roll into slices
Inside - out - rolls (Uramaki):
1. cut the Nori sheet in half and cover each half with rice (it will give you two rolls)
2. if you like pour some sesam seeds on the rice
3. turn the Nori with the rice over
4. place your ingerdients centered on the Nori
5. start rolling with the sushi mat (press firmly)
6. cut the roll into sclices
いただきます Itadakimasu ! Enjoy your meal !